Best Value On The Web!

Boatn' Bob .com presented by
Get Your PCOC
Alberta Boating License, Official Online Course & Test | BOATNBOB.COM

Get Your Alberta Boating Licence in 3 Easy Steps!

The official term is Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) that is good for life from coast to coast!

Alberta Boating License | Boating Licence Alberta

1.  Complete the online course

Study the online course material that includes quizzes and interactive animations. After completing the timed course, you’ll advance to the timed Transport Canada Boating Safety Test. No need to worry, if you don’t pass your first time. After 24 hours, you’ll have one more attempt to pass the test.

2.  Pass the Transport Canada Boating Safety Test and Go Boating

After passing the Transport Canada Boating Safety Test, you can print your Temporary Boating License and get out on the water.

3.    Getting Your Permanent PCOC

Your lifetime Canada Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) will arrive by mail in 4-6 weeks. The Canadian PCOC is accepted in Alberta and all other provinces. Better Boating Safe Boat Training® makes getting a boating license in Alberta easy.


Let's Get Started ►

 Need your Alberta Boating License Today? BOATNBOB.COM

Discover Boating Alberta Canada!

 Alberta is the fourth-largest province in Canada, covering an area of 661,000 square kilometres, about the same size as the state of Texas and twice the size of Japan. It offers an abundance of crystal clear lakes rivers, national parks and a fantastic view of the Rocky Mountains. From catching monster trout and grayling in the Athabasca River, to watching the stunning northern lights sunsets on Lake Claire, there is something for every boater in Alberta.


Do I need an Alberta Boating License?

You may have heard the term Alberta Boat Licence, Canadian Boating License or Alberta Boaters Card and that you need one of them or a driver's license to operate your boat in Alberta. What is really required is the Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) often referred to as a boating licence. Since it is regulated by Transport Canada under the Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations, it is valid across Canada, and is the only card that is required to operate a powered pleasure vessel in Canada. You can get the Pleasure Craft Operator Card by taking the Better Boating Safe Boat Training ® online safe boating course today!


What About Crossing the Border?

Canada and the United States have similar mandatory boater education requirements and many U.S states will accept the Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) as proof of competency.  On the Canadian side of the border Canada will accept boating education cards that are issued by a state that meets the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) requirements as proof of competency.


Get Your PCOC Now